Cleveland Golf Summer Promotion
Story published at 12:36, Tuesday, May 19th, 2015
Cleveland Golf, the UK’s number one selling wedge brand in 2014*, is pleased to announce that it will run an exciting promotion on the new 588 RTX 2.0 wedges for golfers in the UK this summer.
The promotion, which will run from June 1st until September 30th 2015, is open to any customers who have pre-booked the 588 RTX 2.0 wedges for 2015 and promises golfers who purchase one of the new 588 RTX 2.0 wedges the option to get a second wedge at 50% off, helping them to fill in the gaps at the lower end of their bag.
In the modern game 65% of all shots are played from 125 yards and in, with this in mind Cleveland Golf has designed the new range of 588 RTX 2.0 wedges to cover every golfers needs across the short game.
Offering the largest number of loft and bounce options as well as the only dedicated custom fitting system with interchangeable heads and shafts in the UK industry, Cleveland Golf has designed the perfect array of scoring tools to help golfers take charge of their short game.
To achieve this, Cleveland Golf has undertaken hundreds of hours of testing and used feedback generated by the world’s top players to develop the new range.
From that research Cleveland Golf has developed 3 distinct wedge grinds in two different head designs that are proven to optimise the short game for players of all abilities. For the improving wedge player, a more forgiving cavity back design, and for the better player, a traditional muscle-back head shape.
Rotex 2.0 Face technology
The Rotex face has been enhanced further to offer the maximum surface roughness allowed by USGA. This has been achieved through 3 advancements in the R&D lab.
- Fourth generation Tour Zip grooves combine 15% sharper grooves and a deeper micro milling to provide superior spin on all shots from the rough.
- Advanced, 2-pass micro milling pattern provides a strategically designed roughness close to the USGA limit. This leads to increased friction and more spin, especially from inconsistent lies.
- Finally, laser milling fine-tunes the micro-roughness for more consistency and texture across the face.
Cleveland Golf has created three distinct grind options for the 588 RTX 2.0 wedge family. This comprehensive system makes it easier than ever for any golfer to build a wedge set that maximizes performance based on turf conditions, playing preference and skill level. By progressively varying the wedge’s sole design according to bounce, Cleveland Golf has created an unmatched array of scoring tools.
1 DOT (LOW BOUNCE) KEY FEATURES
- Trailing Edge Grind + maximum heel and toe grind
- Lowest effective bounce
- Keeps leading edge close to ground for aggressive lob shots, yet provides stability on square-faced full shots
2 DOT (STANDARD BOUNCE) KEY FEATURES
- Trailing Edge Grind + moderate trailing relief
- Mid effective bounce
- All-around playability and versatility, allowing golfer to execute a variety of shots from most playing conditions
3 DOT (FULL SOLE) KEY FEATURES
- Constant Sole Width
- Higher effective bounce
- Allows the golfer to use the sole to their advantage around the greens. Full shape gives stability on full shots, however the curvature in the sole still allows player to open the face.
Accounts who have not pre-booked and want to participate in the promotion or to see the full terms & conditions, should contact their Srixon / Cleveland Golf Regional Account Manager or contact the UK sales office on 01420 541709 (option 1).
The RTX 2.0 has an SRP of £109.
Cleveland Golf www.clevelandgolf.co.uk
*Source: Units sold in the UK market, on & off course channels according to Golf Datatech Europe retail audit January to December 2014.
Tags: Cleveland GolfTweet