China Golf Show 2017 Relocates to Shanghai
Story published at 13:27, Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
The China Golf-PGA Merchandise Show (CGS), a national golf merchandise event organized by Reed Guanghe Exhibitions and China Golf Association (CGA), and in partnership with PGA of America, will be relocating to Shanghai from its current location in Beijing. The three-day event, taking place March 17-19, 2017, will provide a multi-dimensional platform for every segment of the sport as it showcases the industry’s newest and most high-tech products and brand releases from China and abroad.
Shanghai, a major economic hub, is home to one of China’s largest golfing populations – accounting for nearly 300,000 players in Shanghai city proper and neighbouring cities in Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces. It additionally plays host to a number of top Chinese golf events each year. The show’s 2017 edition will be located at the Shanghai Convention & Exhibition Center of International Sourcing, where it will boast a total exhibition area of 13,500 sq. m., showcase 500 exhibitor brands and open its show floor to over 15,000 visitors.
“Although China’s golf industry still faces its share of challenges, we maintain an optimistic attitude about the industry as a whole, while continually investing our resources and focusing on future successful editions. We’re confident that CGS will retain its role as ‘the’ platform for assisting golf’s development in China, and that we’ll continue to develop alongside the industry,” notes Ms. Josephine Lee, General Manager of Reed Guanghe Exhibitions.
China’s first Olympic medal
The China Golf-PGA Merchandise Show has grown significantly over the years and will mark its 16th edition in 2017. The nation’s ever-increasing love for the game recently made international headlines with Shanshan Feng’s Bronze medal win in women’s golf at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Shanshan, a Guangzhou native and China’s first-ever LPGA championship winner, also takes home China’s first Olympic medal in the sport. Her achievement is an exciting development for China’s golf industry and serves as a harbinger of golf’s increasing growth in popularity on the mainland.
“As a top leisure sport, we believe that golf will ride the wave of Shanshan’s Olympic victory. And in accordance with the 13th Five Year Plan of Sport, we hope to increase the sport’s popularity nationwide. Golf is very civilized; it requires high levels of team work and self-control, which is particularly useful for today’s teenagers. As a key sport listed under the General Sports Administration Ten Year Development Plan for Teenagers, it is believed that playing golf can help mould today’s teens into young moral adults and equally cultivate their fighting spirit,” adds Mr. Wang Liwei, Vice President of the China Golf Association.
Three-day interactive event line-up
The China Golf Show additionally serves as an extensive educational, communication and marketing platform for brand building and networking with current partners and peers, while seeking out potential new customers in the field.
Over the three-day event period, the show will present a series of highly interactive, onsite activities, which will provide golf equipment, apparel and simulator suppliers the opportunity to demonstrate the strength of their products to distributors, retailers, PGA professionals, coaches and numerous other golf enthusiasts – including novice players and budding child golfers.
Event highlights include the following:
- Golf Industry Forum – an exclusive gathering for key players of the golf industry to share their insights and discuss the future of the Chinese golf market;
- China Golf Coach Forum – serving as an educational and communication platform, this coach-exclusive gathering will focus on improving teaching skills along with the changes and challenges of the coaching industry;
- PGA Clinic – visitors will have the chance to meet face-to-face with PGA-certified coaches who will demonstrate general golf skills and methods at various player levels;
- Golf Team Afternoon Tea – a relaxing break with refreshments and conversation for golf team members, sponsors and fans – a key channel for sponsors to quickly choose their sponsorship targets;
- Golf Beginner Program – children and adult fans alike will enjoy a non-stop stream of golf lessons onsite including, among others, golf etiquette, rules, stance, club grip and equipment selection – an unrivalled opportunity to build brand image with beginner players of all ages;
- Family Golf Day – golf-loving families will be free to choose from among five interactive game scenarios onsite; additional incentives include participation gifts and exquisite Lucky Draw prizes!
As one of the most influential golf shows in Asia, the China Golf Show strives to stay in line with industry developments and emerging market trends. It additionally aims to meet both core industry buyer and visitor needs, including the diverse needs of golf industry professionals and enthusiasts. It is a not-to-be-missed spring sourcing event for golf fans and distributors.
China Golf Show 2017 www.chinagolfshow.com