World Scientific Congress of Golf
Page last updated at 12:29 am, Friday, January 27th, 2012
The only Research Conference for golf will convene for its Sixth Edition in Phoenix, Arizona, 12 – 16 March 2012. Top researchers and professionals will present learned papers; there will be workshops, invited presentations, and symposia all with the objective to advance the great game of golf,
The topics include: Performance Enhancement, Fitness, Nutrition, Instruction, Motion Analysis, Course Design, Ecology, Equipment, Technology, and much more.
The World Scientific Congress of Golf (WSCG) VI is based at the Embassy Suites and Stonecreek Golf Club.
The Conference, which has been held every four years since 1990 attracts academics, administrators, golf professionals, product designers, specialist scientists and golf enthusiasts from all over the world.
The latest and most innovative research will be presented along with invited presentations from great researchers and golf professionals.
From 1990 to 2002 the congress was hosted e very four years by theUniversityofSt AndrewsinScotland. In 2008 the venue moved toPhoenixand it returns there this year.
Among the speakers (and topics) are:
- Dr. Joan Vickers – Neuroscience of the Quiet Eye
- Dr. Bob Bjork – How We Learn and Practice Versus How We Think We Learn and Practice
- Austin Vickers – The Science and Power of Imagination
- Frank Thomas -The Importance of Science in Golf: Appling Technology to Putting Instruction
- Dr. Dave Philips – Technology in Golf
- Dr. Greg Rose – The Five Most Common Body-Swing Connections
- Pia Nilsson and Lynn Marriott – Making the Best Better
- Dr. Candice Pert – Emotions and Performance
- Dr. Eddie Seagle – Golf Sustainability
- Dr. Joe Dispenza – The Golfer Brain
- Phil Cheetham – Golf in the Olympics
- Dr. Eddie Seagle – The Role of the Golf Course Superintendent
- Dave Pelz – How We (Amateurs/Pros) Play the Game
- Dr. Chuck Adler – Etiology of the Yips/
- Dr. Christian Marquardt – Treatment of the Yips
- Tony Morgan – The Effects of Swing Biofeedback
The complete Schedule, Registration and continued updates on the WSCG VI (World Scientific Congress of Golf, Sixth Edition) are at www.golfscience.org
The cutoff date for making reservations at the Embassy Suites is February 10th. To make a hotel reservation go online to www.EmbassyPhoenixScottsdale.com and enter group code “WCS”.