World Golf Foundation and Industry Leaders Launch ‘Golf For Her’ Website
Story published at 12:46, Friday, January 30th, 2015
World Golf Foundation – the non-profit organization that develops and supports initiatives that positively impact lives through the game of golf and its traditional values – has launched a new women’s website – www.GolfForHer.com – designed to increase women’s participation in the game.
A revolutionary collaboration with the major entities in golf, the resource site is designed to attract and support female golfers of all ages and abilities. Contributing organizations include the LPGA, the PGA of America, the PGA TOUR, The First Tee, the USGA, ClubCorp, the Executive Women‟s Golf Association, Golf Digest and GOLF 20/20, a subsidiary of the World Golf Foundation.
Select website features:
- Individual sections for new players, recreational players, competitive players and juniors.
- Details on beginner programs, such as Get Golf Ready, which starts at $99 for five group lessons.
- Information on women‟s networking opportunities, golf outings and charity events across the country.
- Tips about rules of the game, etiquette, equipment and instruction.
- News updates from women‟s professional, collegiate, amateur and junior golf.
- Information on America‟s best women-friendly golf courses and female instructors.
- Live social media feeds with real-time updates, spurring direct connectivity to the sources that matter to women golfers.
“The Golf For Her website is an engaging tool to introduce new and encourage existing female players by showcasing the fun, networking and lifestyle aspects of the game,” says Steve Mona, CEO of World Golf Foundation. “We strive to make it an innovative and appealing content aggregator for women golfers to visit and refer to others. The focus will be fresh, organized information while also embracing the emotional and human interest side of the game.”
“This a place where women golfers can find answers to their questions,” says top player and GolfForHer.com launch ambassador, Stacy Lewis. “We‟re all so quick to jump on the internet these days for answers, so this site makes perfect sense. Anything we can do to get more women into the game and to help them be more comfortable on the course is great.”
Tips from Lewis for new women golfers, juniors and parents will be featured in several sections throughout the site.
Golf For Her www.GolfForHer.com
World Golf Foundation www.worldgolffoundation.org