KPMG Women’s Leadership Summit
Story published at 14:22, Friday, February 6th, 2015
Page last updated at 11:36 pm, Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
KPMG has announced the members of an advisory council comprised of exemplary leaders from across business, sports, and the media who will help guide the seminal KPMG Women’s Leadership Summit.
The summit, which will be hosted on-site during the week of the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship in June 2015, will serve as a galvanizing force to bring many of today’s most accomplished women together to inspire the next generation of women leaders.
“KPMG is deeply committed to doing our part to ensure that more women have opportunities to develop and become leaders in their organizations,” said John Veihmeyer, Global Chairman of KPMG. “This summit is intended to build on that effort and positively impact the number of women in C-suite positions in corporate America in the years to come.
“The distinguished leaders who comprise our advisory council share the same vision and we’re proud that they have all agreed to share their time and energy to collaborate with us on this endeavor and pay it forward to the next generation of women leaders,” added Veihmeyer.
The KPMG Women’s PGA Championship – created in conjunction with the PGA of America and LPGA – will develop, advance, and empower women on and off the golf course by bringing together a world-class, annual major golf championship with a women’s leadership summit and an ongoing community initiative.
“The KPMG Women’s PGA Championship will raise the bar for professional golfers by ensuring they play on the best courses, increasing the purse size, and delivering national TV exposure,” said Veihmeyer.
The KPMG Women’s PGA Championship will take place June 8-14, 2015 at the prestigious Westchester Country Club in Rye, New York. It will offer a purse that is among the highest in women’s golf at $3.5 million and be broadcast on NBC and Golf Channel. Additionally, a community initiative – which will be shaped by KPMG’s advisory council – will focus on investing in future generations of women leaders by equipping them with leadership skills, networks, and added confidence.
“The LPGA Tour has long-needed a major championship like the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship to not only elevate the game of women’s golf through the purse, courses, and national TV coverage, but also to help us connect with other women who are aspiring to accomplish great things in the business community and other arenas,” said Stacy Lewis, the top ranked American Golfer on the LPGA Tour, and a member of the advisory council. “I’m looking forward to working with the advisory council leaders to create programming that will inspire and empower future women leaders.”
The advisory council members include:
- Roberta Bowman – Retired Executive, Duke Energy; Board Member, LPGA;
- Lynne Doughtie – Vice Chair, Advisory, KPMG;
- Candy Duncan – Chair, KPMG Women’s Leadership Summit;
- Adena Friedman – President, Nasdaq;
- Dalynn J. Hoch – CFO, Zurich North America, Zurich Insurance Company;
- Kathy Hopinkah Hannan – National Managing Partner, Corporate Responsibility & Diversity, KPMG;
- Karen Jennings – Retired Senior Executive Vice President, AT&T; Board Member, LPGA;
- Michelle Kydd Lee – Chief Innovation Officer, Creative Artists Agency;
- Stacy Lewis – LPGA Player & KPMG Brand Ambassador, LPGA Tour;
- Phebe Novakovic – Chairman and CEO, General Dynamics;
- Donna Orender – CEO, Orender Unlimited; Special Advisor, PGA of America;
- Dottie Pepper – ESPN Golf Analyst and Reporter; Board Member, PGA of America;
- Douglas Peterson – President & CEO, McGraw Hill Financial;
- Elisabeth Sami – Senior Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, NBCUniversal News Group;
- Molly Solomon – Executive Producer, Golf Channel; Senior Vice President, Production & Operations, NBC Sports Group;
- Annika Sorenstam – Hall of Fame Golfer and Entrepreneur;
- John Veihmeyer – Global Chairman, KPMG;
- Suzy Whaley – Secretary, PGA of America;
- Maggie Wilderotter – Chairman & CEO, Frontier Communications; and
- Linda Yaccarino – Chairman, Advertising Sales and Client Partnerships, NBCUniversal
KPMG Women’s PGA Championship www.kpmgwomenspgachampionship.com