‘Square Mile’ magazine announces the winners of its inaugural Golf Awards
Story published at 14:40, Wednesday, December 16th, 2015
Square Mile magazine has introduced its inaugural golf awards in its latest issue this December. The leading luxury lifestyle publication for the City of London, which was launched in 2005, celebrates the players, courses and kit that have made the biggest waves in the golfing world this year.
The awards were judged by Nick Bayly, Square Mile’s Golf Editor (and editor of Golf News) and Mark Hedley, editor of Square Mile. The winners of the Square Mile Golf Awards 2015 are:
- Female Player of the Year: Lydia Ko
- Male Player of the Year: Jordan Spieth
- Rookie of the Year: Matthew Fitzpatrick
- Team of the Year: America’s Solheim Cup Team
- European Golf Resort of the Year: Quinta Do Lago, Portugal
- UK Golf Resort of the Year: Stoke Park Country Club, Spa & Hotel
- Course of the Year: Chambers Bay, Wisconsin, USA
- Driving Range of the Year: Greenwich Peninsula Golf, SE7
- UK Conference Venue of the Year: Gleneagles Resort, Perthshire
Mark Hedley says: “Whether it’s playing or watching, golf has always had a strong appeal for many people in the financial services industry. It’s always been one of the most popular sports for City hospitality. Indeed, golf is currently the only sport that we cover in every issue of the magazine.”
Looking ahead to 2016, Square Mile will be producing extensive monthly travel guides focussing on the best golf resorts in the UK and around the world, the latest golf apparel & equipment as well as hosting its first Square Mile Golf Event for its readers.
Square Mile magazine was created in 2005 and is the leading luxury lifestyle publication for the City of London. It is distributed every month to nearly 60,000 affluent business people working in the financial services industry