Callaway’s Sungear Line: See what you’ve been missing
Story published at 17:11, Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Page last updated at 5:25 pm, Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Sungear, Callaway Golf’s new line of eyewear designed specifically for golf, was very well received at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Fla. The golf giant unveiled six new models with 32 selections that are engineered specifically to help your golf game and show attendees were extremely pleased with what Callaway had to offer.
Typically golfers get to the putting green and remove their sunglasses to help them see and read the greens better because their sunglasses are too dark. With the technology in the Sungear line there is no need to do that, in fact the glasses are designed to brighten your view and enhance your vision of the greens.
“Contrary to conventional thinking, Callaway’s Sungear lenses actually let in more light [twice as much] than ordinary sunglasses,” said Travis Worth, Vice President of Business Development, IZZO Golf. “More light means better depth perception, which is especially helpful around the greens when reading putts and chips. More light means more glare, so to counter this effect we added a polarizing filter and then added a blue-green flash mirror to better manage confusing short wavelength light. To complete the line, we designed lightweight frames that maximize adjustability, comfort and protection while fully exploiting the benefits of Callaway’s technologically-advanced lenses.”
The Sungear line will provide the visual performance and protection you would expect, however; the company’s technology and designs were developed with these fundamental goals in mind … to maximize your ability to read greens, find the right line, make more putts and lower your scores.
There are six new models in the Sungear range with these Features and Benefits:
- Designed specifically for the way golf is played
- Ultra-light Polyamide frames provide great protection and comfort
- Polarized lens block glare for more visual comfort
- Let in twice as much light for better depth perception & improved results when putting/chipping
- Provide 100 percent protection from UVA, UVB, UVC rays
- 8 Base lens configuration keep UV rays away from the eyes
- Adjustable temple tips for a more secure fit under all conditions
- Adjustable nose pads provide multiple fitting options
- Fit medium to large head sizes
- Lens Cloth, Carry Pouch, and Hard Case with hanging clip
Callaway’s Sungear http://www.callawaytag.com/
IZZO Golf is an official licensee of Callaway Golf. www.izzo.com
Callaway Golf Company www.callawaygolf.com