Top 10 facts about Abacus® and The 2015 Solheim Cup
Story published at 12:04, Monday, September 14th, 2015
Page last updated at 3:24 pm, Tuesday, September 15th, 2015
Abacus Sportswear is the Official Clothing Supplier to The European Solheim Cup Team that will take on Team America at Golf Club St. Leon-Rot in Germany this week from September 18-20.
With The 2015 Solheim Cup just around the corner, here are 10 facts you might not know about the Swedish golf clothing brand and its involvement in the most prestigious team event in women’s professional golf:
- This is the 5th time that Abacus Sportswear will be dressing the European Solheim Cup Team. The first time was in 2007.
- Abacus Sportswear will provide 1,608 garments for Europe’s team of 12 players, captain, vice-captains, caddies, team assistants, officials and guests.
- The team outfits will have travelled 980km from Abacus Sportwear’s headquarters in Lund, Sweden, to Golf Club St. Leon-Rot, in Germany.
- European Solheim Cup Team Captain and abacus® brand ambassador, Carin Koch, has played in the biennial event four times with a 71.9% win ratio. This is one of the best records in the event’s history.
- The abacus® Glade Windjacket that the European Team players will wear in Germany has 2,033 stars on it.
- The abacus® Pitch Extreme StretchLite60K™ waterproof jacket, which is making its debut at The 2015 Solheim Cup, has the capacity to stretch to almost twice its original size, enabling complete freedom of movement on the course.
- It takes 15 minutes to embroider the new 2015 Solheim Cup logo which is made of 9,493 individual stitches.
- The Saturday matches of The 2015 Solheim Cup will see the European Team wear pink for the first time ever.
- The 2015 Solheim Cup will be the eighth time that Abacus Sportswear ambassador, Catriona Matthew, has played for the European Team. She is unbeaten in her last six singles matches.
- History can be made at Golf Club St. Leon-Rot as the European Team will be attempting to win a third consecutive Solheim Cup. This would be the first time they have achieved this.
A selection of abacus® garments including rain jackets, windwear and moisture wicking Drycool® polo shirts embossed with The Solheim Cup logo are available to purchase from the Official Solheim Cup online store www.solheimcupshop.com. Outfits will also be on sale at the Merchandise Shop at St. Leon-Rot Golf Club, Germany, from September 18-20, 2015.
Abacus Sportswear www.abacussportswear.com